Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Some excellent information

Rather than retype this article, I thought you could read it for yourself. It's very well written and includes some great information and recipes for pastured poultry. As you will learn in the article, there is no such thing as 'grass-fed' poultry because chickens and turkeys need more than grass to survive. They need protein.

We look forward to raising grass-fed pork and beef, but this year we're sticking with pastured poultry. This article includes how to get the most out of your whole chicken - 3 meals out of one bird. What a deal!

How do I cook my new chicken?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I had no idea you were starting a farm! I am really excited for you guys. I am almost finished with "The Omnivore's Dilemma" and I absolutely love it! I am a bit jealous you all are going out to Polyface, what a fantastic experience!